This is the day...

...that I finish the first draft for Tendrils to the Moon. Last night I wrote 2,700 words. I should be able to at least match that today--unless I finish first.

I should have finished the first draft 2 weeks ago, but I've been putting it off so I could revise the middle third of the book. My lack of an outline really hurt the writing process in the second and third acts. I don't think I'll write the end of a book before the middle again. It wastes too much time.

Originally Tendrils was supposed to be 80,000 words and published on June 1. Right now it looks like it will end up around 114,000 words. The extra month for writing and editing I'll count as fortunate, as well as necessary. This book would have been much less fulfilling if I had cut all this story had to say down to 80,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment