Full Moon this weekend


Sunday morning, to be precise.

Which means Tendrils to the Moon is available for free on Amazon, Smashwords, and Kobo through midnight Sunday night.

I followed the instructions in this nifty article "How to Make your Book Free on Amazon KDP" to make the Kindle book free for a limited time. (Kindle is my most popular vendor.) In July, I ran a promo exclusively on Smashwords in commemoration of the Apollo 11 landing. You had to have a Smashwords account to use the coupon to download the book for free. I'm hoping including Amazon on the giveaway boosts the promotion's success.

Yesterday morning I put in the request for a $0 price match through Amazon's Contact Us page, and I received a courteous reply that a price match normally takes 2-3 business days, but that they would push to make it happen sooner, since I requested the price match to start today, Friday. Next time I'll work on the promo in advance of the time window to give Amazon more time to process my request. Per usual, this was my first time running a promo like this, and I'll do a better job next time.

"Free" is not a four-letter word around these parts. My goal has not been to make much, if any, money on Tendrils to the Moon. My goal has been to gain an audience. These promos will be a regular thing for the foreseeable future.

Fun fact: Even though the Moon moves east to west across the sky (like the Sun), the Moon actually orbits the Earth west to east. That is because the Earth, which rotates east, completes a rotation much faster than the Moon completes a full revolution around the Earth. If you observe the Moon at the same time on consecutive nights, the Moon appears farther east each time.

Let me know what you think in the comment section below! I'll reply to you as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment