Beat this bug

I can't recall a time like this since 9/11. I'm anxious, and I've been praying a lot more. The threat from the coronavirus is real. My concern is those poo-pooing the crisis and demanding we all get back to work will create a second wave of cases in April that will dig a hole 10 times deeper than the one we find ourselves currently in. These arguments may hold sway over the president, but so far as I can tell the governors are singing a different tune. (Although Governor Cuomo's talk about New York enduring 9 months of quarantine isn't helping the case for containment.)

At this point I'm not counting on the federal government for economic relief. Their responsibility is and should be disaster response. Let the American people take care of each other. The social bonds of church and neighborhood will bear up many people through this crisis.

It's a cliche that the night is darkest before the dawn, but it's true. When things are at their worst, they can only get better. It's in hindsight that you recognize how you composed yourself during the worst of times was what carried the day. Weeks and months from now, we'll see in hindsight that our actions today saved millions of lives.

How? you may wonder, and with good reason. How we do this is not at all obvious. But you must understand we will pull through this.

I'm fond of CS Lewis's Space Trilogy. In the second book, Perelandra, the hero Ransom musters up the courage to literally fight the devil:



As always, let me know what you think in the comments. I'll reply to you as soon as I can. If you're looking for something to do while social distancing, I invite you to read the first 4 chapters of my new book, Seeds of Calamity, for free. If it piques your interest, get yourself a copy at Amazon. I appreciate the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment