Tendrils to the Moon now in paperback

A shipment of Tendrils to the Moon paperbacks arrived tonight at the Dooley compound. I'm lukewarm on the simplistic cover as a first effort, but I like how the spine and back turned out. I'm also happy that I went with the glossy finish. It's a little dark but overall I'm pleased with the end result. I'll review the interior later.



I went with the 5.5x8.5-inch bound copy design because it reduced the production costs so that I could still sell Tendrils to the Moon for less than $10 per book. I was amazed how many fewer pages my manuscript was when I expanded the margins half an inch.

However, going with this size meant I had to adjust the original cover, which for ebooks has a 5:8 width-height ratio. Maybe in the future I'll do a short series on how I used Inkscape to design the cover.

The paperback is on sale exclusively at Amazon for $8.99. I'm also selling paperbacks out of my trunk for $7 flat (autographed, of course). The ebook is still a mere 99 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment